Unraftable

Martin Kaminer martin.kaminer at GMAIL.COM
Sat Jun 30 19:08:19 UTC 2012

I went white water rafting last weekend with my 12-year-old son, my
guide in all matters linguistic, who has since become interested in
the grading scale for whitewater rapids.  He brought to my attention
that Grade 6 indicates a rapid is 'unraftable', a term of which we've
both become enamored (and is reminiscent of Rule # 6 of the Philosophy
Department of the University of Woolloomooloo).

Raftable and unraftable seem to be more popular with scrabble players
than whitewater enthusiasts, at least according to google.  OED
doesn't know much about either.