a few bits from a single article

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Mar 2 04:49:31 UTC 2012

A "perimeter shot" is an outside shot. It may or may not include the
three-pointer. My point is that the definition that focuses solely on
three-pointers would be wrong--if you can call it a three-point shot,
why call it a perimeter shot instead?

I am not sure that Novak is really distinguishing between the shots
inside or outside the line when talking about "perimeter", so there is
really no way to tell if he is using the OED definition or merely
includes it as a part of "perimeter".

VS-)