Heard on The Doctors:

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Fri Mar 2 21:28:58 UTC 2012

Emergency-room orthopedic surgeon examining a patient and thinking out
loud for TV:

"The femur looks like it's too shattered. Otherwise, to help the break
heal, we could _bone-transplant_ it."

Considering that this phenomenon is nothing new in a variety of other
languages, it's interesting that it's taking so long for it to be
regarded as sorta-kinda-maybe normal in English. I've used, and heard
other people use, constructions like this all of my life. But, until
fairly recently, doing it was regarded as a joking or even as a
clownish way of speaking.

--
-Wilson
-----