Beware the fury of the Legions (attributed to Marcus Flavius) (1961 English 1960 French)

Sat Mar 3 20:35:53 UTC 2012

Doug: Many thanks for the link to a fascinating webpage. According to
Google Translate the webpage says that Jean Larteguy noted in his
autobiography The Naked War that the letter was a fake:

[Begin excerpt of Google Translate output]
And the letter of the centurion Marcus Flavinius, the legion Augusta,
which is opening this book, which ends with this prophetic statement:
"Whether we beware the wrath of the legions!"
It was a fake: I did not know then. It was manufactured by Roger Frey …
[End excerpt]