A slow-spreading(?) slur: "_anti_-slant[-]eye"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Mar 8 23:22:20 UTC 2012

"Slant" is frequently asserted to have been common GI slang during the
Vietnam War, but that claim is mightily exaggerated.

How do I know? Because most all of the HDAS cites are in the form of
"derogatory expressions for Vietnamese such as ... 'slant.'"

I'm not saying it's imaginary - just unusual. "Slope" was fairly common.

JL