Plumbing the depths of Joe the Plumber's "dictionary

Ronald Butters ronbutters at AOL.COM
Fri Mar 9 12:09:47 UTC 2012

Sambolin is just playing word games. Of course "queer" was no slur in "Isn't it strange, isn't it queer, you on the ground, me in the air, send in the clowns." But it was a slur if written on the subway wall in a sentence such as "I hate queers," or even "Jimmy is a queer." Even "Jimmy is soooo queer" could be a slur, and "queer-bashing" presents as the quotation of a slur.