Dysphemism

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Sat Mar 10 00:34:58 UTC 2012

Thanks, Jon--that's what I was looking for.

Wilson, that comment was mine. And I meant it. It does not matter if the
original meaning has been derived via an innuendo or whether "wimin"
might take it that way--it's certainly a coarse/offensive expression.
But the meaning, as I was implying it, is more lackey, indentured
servant, rather than sex-slave. Nor is there a hooker/pimp implied
relationship. There is a hierarchical/ownership implication, however.
Again, it's a juxtaposition of etymology and derived usage. "I'm gonna
make him my bitch!" implies a command structure, not rape.

     VS-)