I Love Little Pussy

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Mar 11 22:00:44 UTC 2012

None of the "valid" cases cited above is used without an intended pun.

Perhaps I should have added the phrase, "without intending a pun."

"Pussy" and "pussycat" as innocently affectionate terms for cats are on the
way out and have been for decades, though "pussycat," being more explicit
(in the older sense) is probably "hanging in there" a little better.

Go ahead. Ask a vet.

JL