to right-size

Martin Kaminer martin.kaminer at GMAIL.COM
Sun Mar 11 22:10:34 UTC 2012

Didn't follow the whole thread but I believe you'll find its recent
use stems in part from management mumbo-jumbo as a euphemism for
'downsize'.  I recall vividly a friend who worked on this ostensibly
management-jargon-busting book
http://www.amazon.com/Beyond-Hype-Robert-G-Eccles/dp/087584331X who
experienced profound dismay a few years later upon hearing one of the
authors (now Dean of HBS) use the neologism 'smartsize'.