How many layers of obfuscation on the average euphemism?

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Mar 13 23:31:24 UTC 2012

John, are you suggesting that Jim's distinctions are merely
rationalizations?

Even if "fire" is not a legal or technical term in the strict sense (i.e.,
having a professionally limited and recognized definition), the
distinctions he mentions seem real enough.

JL