Quote: You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on

Larry Sheldon LarrySheldon at COX.NET
Wed Mar 14 21:21:56 UTC 2012

On 3/14/2012 3:47 PM, Wilson Gray wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 4:19 PM, Jonathan Lighter
> <wuxxmupp2000 at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> "… hang onto the grass without falling off the earth."
>
> I once - once was enough! - experienced a similar feeling: struggling
> to keep from falling out my bunk as it slowly rotated around its long
> axis, after a Dime Night - all hard liquor at ten cents per *straight
> shot*; in its war on weed, the Army *strongly* encouraged alcoholism -
>   at the EM club. And some guys did, in fact, fall out of their bunks,
> one breaking his jaw as a consequence of having fallen out of a top
> bunk onto his face.

I'm a one-timer too -- in San Juan, Puerto Rico, beastly hot and humid,
in the EM club pretty much soaked because I had worn a raincoat in the rain.

Sat down, waitress arrived, asked what I wanted.  Didn't know the names
of anything, saw another waitress walk by with something that looked
like mostly crushed ice. Said "I'd like one of those."

Two or three of them later, I stood up and was amazed to watch the floor
rise up to the vertical and smack me in the face.

I later concluded that they had been something called a "Tom Collins"
which are used to disguise malt-glasses full of gin.

--
Requiescas in pace o email           Two identifying characteristics
                                         of System Administrators: