Heard on The Doctors: _bug juice_

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Mar 15 15:16:22 UTC 2012

I thought it was "mystery meat"--also used on one of the Top Chef shows
when the meat was overcooked, making it unidentifiable.

I've heard "bug juice" and "bug spray" in reference to windshield washer
liquid from a couple of friends in the Midwest, but never gave it much
thought. Nor am I suggesting that the expression is regional--could just
be coincidental. But I did pick up a particular brand of windshield
washer fluid that was supposed to facilitate bug removal (from the
windshield) in the summer and it was called "Bug Juice". Unlike other
similar liquids that were blue or pink, this one was deep green. (Got it
from Menard's in 2007 or 2008) Still have the bottle in the garage--just
wanted to check before posting.

     VS-)