Heard on The Doctors: _bug juice_

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Thu Mar 15 16:45:41 UTC 2012

Hmm.  Are we dealing here with the inverse of the recency illusion?  The distancy illusion?   Of course it could have been in spoken use for a while before it entered into print, in perhaps a memoir of, say, life in prep school, but there weren't as many such memoirs popping up in print in those days as there are now.  If memory serves.

--LH, thinking that this gives a whole new slant on the mystery