More euphemisms: "pervasive language"

Sat Mar 17 20:56:30 UTC 2012

"I assume that George is not referring to the British as ungrateful
wretches for not acknowledging the spread of their language to the
colonies, but rather the colonials as ungrateful wretches for not
acknowledging the munificent blessings of the civilization and
language the British gave them."  Joel

Exactly.

GAT

On Sat, Mar 17, 2012 at 2:02 PM, Joel S. Berson <Berson at att.net> wrote:

> At 3/17/2012 11:31 AM, George Thompson wrote:
>
>> Neither does it concern itself with English among any of the other
>> colonials, ungrateful wretches that they are.
>>

> I assume that George is not referring to the British as ungrateful
> wretches for not acknowledging the spread of their language to the
> colonies, but rather the colonials as ungrateful wretches for not
> acknowledging the munificent blessings of the civilization and
> language the British gave them.
>
> Joel

George A. Thompson
Univ. Pr., 1998, but nothing much since then.