American

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sat Mar 17 21:47:30 UTC 2012

Since we're talking about English here, the answer is the seventeenth
century.  And generally speaking, normal people around the world have no
problem with it. It's called "convention."

A better question would be, "When did 'USAian' comes to mean 'American'?"

especially since the usual one-up, ultra-PC term is "USer," pronounced
"You-Esser."  What an advance *that* is!

JL