Guess what! A piano is a keyboard (instrument).

Larry Sheldon LarrySheldon at COX.NET
Sun Mar 18 03:56:30 UTC 2012

On 3/17/2012 10:34 PM, Joel S. Berson wrote:
> Sender:       American Dialect Society<ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Poster:       "Joel S. Berson"<Berson at ATT.NET>
> Subject:      Re: Guess what!  A piano is a keyboard (instrument).
>
> Another possibility (which could perhaps be easily confirmed or
> refuted from the Youtube context) -- "piano" is used because the
> performance is on a piano rather than what Bach wrote for.  Think
> Glenn Gould and his "The Well-Tempered Clavier".

I did a Bing search for Bach concerto -- got a lot of hits but in the
firs half-dozen pages there were only three that were for
keyboard-driven instruments--two for harpsichord, and one for "Bach, J
S: Concerto for Two Keyboards in C major, BMV1061 (harpsichords or
pianos) - ... "

So maybe my lack of musical training is exposed.

--
Requiescas in pace o email           Two identifying characteristics
                                         of System Administrators: