Guess what! A piano is a keyboard (instrument).

Larry Sheldon LarrySheldon at COX.NET
Sun Mar 18 05:52:53 UTC 2012

On 3/18/2012 12:48 AM, Larry Sheldon wrote:
> Sender:       American Dialect Society<ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Poster:       Larry Sheldon<LarrySheldon at COX.NET>
> Subject:      Re: Guess what!  A piano is a keyboard (instrument).
>
> On 3/18/2012 12:40 AM, Benjamin Barrett wrote:
>
>> Have you tried n-grams? There might be an interesting increase in use =
>> for keyboard with respect to classical music, for example. =
>> http://books.google.com/ngrams
>
> Another gaping hole in my toolbag.  No I have not, I'll have a look.

http://books.google.com/ngrams/graph?content=keyboard%2C+concerto&year_start=1800&year_end=2000&corpus=0&smoothing=3

Fascinating.  Seems to support my poorly formed hypothesis.

I didn't NEED something else to stay up all night playing with!

--
Requiescas in pace o email           Two identifying characteristics
                                         of System Administrators: