White Flag -- "rythm", no vowel in

Larry Sheldon LarrySheldon at COX.NET
Mon Mar 19 22:01:44 UTC 2012

I am really going to have to show my ignorance now.

When I was little, the officially sanctioned vowels were "AEIOU and
sometimes W and Y".

All theses years since I have (when four-leaf clovers are plentiful)
searched for an occurrence of an English "w" making what seems to me to
be a vowel sound (what ever THAT turns out to mean), and one of "y" that
does not.

(For me, a "vowel sound" is one that allows me to pronounce successive
sharp-edged consonants.)

Would somebody pleas point me to an example of each?
--
Requiescas in pace o email           Two identifying characteristics
                                         of System Administrators: