"chief evangelist" -- standard business jargon? -- since when?

Larry Sheldon LarrySheldon at COX.NET
Tue Mar 20 20:46:14 UTC 2012

On 3/20/2012 3:01 PM, Dan Goncharoff wrote:

> "Evangelist" seems to have replaced "marketing officer" in job descriptions.

In my experiences we saw it in two places, one selling product to the
outside world, and the other in pumping up the troops to convince them
that working hard for the same pay was good for them, that downsizing or
rightsizing was a blessing, and so on.

http://customerevangelists.typepad.com/blog/2005/11/corporate_evang.html

--
Requiescas in pace o email           Two identifying characteristics
                                         of System Administrators: