<w> as indicator of vowelitude

Ronald Butters ronbutters at AOL.COM
Tue Mar 20 22:27:17 UTC 2012

<bow> is not a verb if it is pronounced the same as <Bo> or <beau>. It is a verb if it is pronounced the same as <bough>.

I think you are imagining things about the difference in what your lips do in pronouncing <Mo> and <mow>. Get somebody to read them to you in a of randomly assigned list and see of you can tell which is which.