Problem with OED's First Use of "Capitalism"

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Sat Mar 24 17:16:11 UTC 2012

I don't see any instances of "capitalism" below, only
"capitalist".  The OED has "capitalist" from 1774; it is "capitalism"
that it has (possibly erroneously) dated to 1816.

(The first search below was I think not enclosed in quotes, or if it
was Google Books search removed them.  It is tricky to get GBooks to
search for a quoted word or phrase with a date specified.  I find
that it alleges 1,740 hits for "capitalism" up to 1816, but on the
first page all are falsely dated and I refuse to go further.)

Joel