Song-title in Cuban Spanish

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Sun Mar 25 03:57:33 UTC 2012

I just heard from my expert (a non-resident expert in my case) that this is indeed widespread.  "Ingestive" (eating and drinking) verbs like _comer_ and _beber_ occur freely, indeed usually, with SE, whose distribution is subject to a number of grammatical, semantic, and pragmatic conditions.  Here's a 2011 variationist Ohio State U. dissertation on the topic by Juliana de la Mora for anyone interested:

http://etd.ohiolink.edu/view.cgi/De%20la%20Mora%20Juliana.pdf?osu1306954111

LH