Song-title in Cuban Spanish

Larry Sheldon LarrySheldon at COX.NET
Sun Mar 25 23:47:41 UTC 2012

On 3/25/2012 6:39 PM, Wilson Gray wrote:
> Sender:       American Dialect Society<ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Poster:       Wilson Gray<hwgray at GMAIL.COM>
> Subject:      Re: Song-title in Cuban Spanish
>
> There are sentences in BE like
>
> "I'm just sitting here, eating _me_ some potato chips"
>
> and
>
> "I'm just sitting here, eating on _me_ a hamburger"
>
> but there's no restriction to verbs of esculence.

I hate to say "American English" because there are too many candidates.
but I have been lots of places where things like "WhhhEEEE, it= is hot
and dusty out HERE!  I'm gonna go get me a beer."  Or a shower.

--
Requiescas in pace o email           Two identifying characteristics
                                         of System Administrators: