terms of endearment

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Tue Mar 27 23:45:30 UTC 2012

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 8:22 AM, Jonathan Lighter
<wuxxmupp2000 at gmail.com> wrote:
> *[Inaudible]*

To say the least! I listened with ears sharpened by years of "pulling
out" intercepted Russian voice-commo and heard nothing at all
interpretable as anything in particular. It's what we used to call a
"garble," back in the Security Agency, and nothing more.

Now, if only his buddy hadn't felt the need to attempt to defend the
application of the word to black people by white people in the *general* case,
as opposed to merely denying that it had been applied in this *particular* case…

But then, that's Florida, for you.

It's said that black people in the Sunshine State aren't permitted to
speak the word, "Miami," when talking to a white person. In such a
case, the use of the form, "Yoami," is obligatory.

-Wilson
-----
-Mark Twain