ball boy slur

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Mar 28 23:20:53 UTC 2012

In my (or at least in my idiolect) a contemptuous name for somebody was an
"epithet."  A "slur" was a false accusation of turpitude or something
similar.

Over the past thirty or forty years, "ep[ithet" has been fading and "slur"
has muscled in.

Now "slur" has gone too far.

http://www.q13fox.com/news/kcpq-hunger-games-fans-tweet-displeasure-over-black-actors-20120328,0,6398142.story
headlines that 'HUNGER GAMES' FANS RACIAL
SLURS<http://www.q13fox.com/news/kcpq-hunger-games-fans-tweet-displeasure-over-black-actors-20120328,0,6398142.story>
.

The Tweets that it's fanned are pretty stupid and idiotically racist, but
they're hardly "slurs." Typical:

"<http://www.q13fox.com/news/kcpq-hunger-games-fans-tweet-displeasure-over-black-actors-20120328,0,6398142.story>Why
does Rue have to be black not gonna lie kinda ruined the movie."

They're just "racial/racist remarks."

JL