ob-gyn revisited

Spanbock/Svoboda-Spanbock spanbocks at VERIZON.NET
Fri Mar 30 22:43:35 UTC 2012

As someone who has been using an OBGYN for 35 years and whose father was a doctor, I can say that only once in all my nearly fifty years have I ever heard it pronounced in any way other than as initials.

That one time was by a man who said "oh-bee-gine" and I just figured he'd never actually talked about it before.

Kate