return of "colored"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sat Mar 31 07:03:48 UTC 2012

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 5:13 PM, W Brewer <brewerwa at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sender: Â  Â  Â  American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Poster: Â  Â  Â  W Brewer <brewerwa at GMAIL.COM>
> Subject: Â  Â  Â Re: return of "colored"
>
> <Colored folk> seems about gentle enough to pass for acceptable among my
> ancient peers.

I sure enough hope that you-all come to a conclusion, soon. My birth
certificate, an official document of the state of Texas issued in
nineteen thirty-something or another, clearly states, "Race of Child:
Colored."

If _Colored_ is good enough for Texas, then it's good enough for me.

"Don't Mess With Texas!"

--
-Wilson
-----