Among the New Words, Winter 2011 (UNCLASSIFIED)

Tue May 1 13:53:19 UTC 2012

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Behalf Of

----------------------
> -
> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Subject:      Re: Among the New Words, Winter 2011 (was Re:
photo-bomb)

> > > to American Speech, the society's quarterly journal.
> >
> >Ding ding ding.
> >
> >http://www.americandialect.org/membership
>
> Add the above to the new words list -- the sound of the cash register
> upon intake.

Actually, "Ding Ding Ding" is the sound of the bell when you correctly
answer a game show question (usually meaning, "You got it right!")

I believe you are looking for "Ka-Ching!"

And they both should be recorded lexicographically.