Among the New Words, Winter 2011 (UNCLASSIFIED)

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Tue May 1 16:24:16 UTC 2012

On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 11:13 AM, Charles C Doyle <cdoyle at uga.edu> wrote:
> I believe that _ka-ching!_ appears on the blurb page of Beard & Kenney's
> _Bored of the Rings_ (1969), a significant antedating.

The _*cha*-ching_ of BE is, IME, younger that _ka-ching_ in the wild.
But, it seems to me that even "cha-ching" must be around fifteen years
old, by now.

But that;s only my WAG. I'm willing to accept whatever anyone else
cares to say. Go figure.

--
-Wilson
-----