more fono-folly (UNCLASSIFIED)

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Thu May 3 18:55:25 UTC 2012

On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 12:46 PM, Jonathan Lighter
<wuxxmupp2000 at gmail.com> wrote:
> It doesn't make sense."

What really doesn't make sense is that the troops not only had ammo,
but were also locked and loaded. Well, not locked, I reckon. You can't
fire a weapon when its safety is on.

I would have expected only scabbarded fixed bayonets. That's all we
had in '60's West Berlin for mere crowd-control. As it happened, we
never had occasion to control any crowds, but we practiced it, every
Saturday morning. Because, like, you never know. The Germans might
have broken discipline.

I was living in Los Angeles during the Watts Riots and I can't recall
any instances of random shootings of civilians by the troops of the
California Guard or even by the LAPD.

-Wilson
-----
-Mark Twain