Heard on The Doctors: "Lookit, youse

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sun May 6 01:21:59 UTC 2012

On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 8:11 PM, Laurence Horn <laurence.horn at yale.edu> wrote:
> "Lookit, youse" would have have equally at home in NYC when I was growing up, although we (my friends and I) would have only been likely to utter "Lookit!", not "youse". Â For "you-all"/"youse"/"yinz"/"you lot"/"you guys", we poor urchins had to get by with just "you", although we were passively familiar with at least "youse".

Sort of my point, in  way. For some, unfathomable, deep-seated,
probably-psycho reason, it bothers me that Saint Louis don't get no
respect, even though that lack of respect is the fault of local
politics, beginning with the decision to stick with steamboats,
instead of investing in railroads. That was a decision so bad that
most St. Louisans today have no idea why the city's seal is (still) a
steamboat or that there is any connection between StL and the
legendary Wabash Cannonball.

--
-Wilson
-----