Another monosyllabic base form for PSP

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Mon May 7 16:13:12 UTC 2012

Not to be picky, but that's still consistent with it being present tense, where the previous occurring of eyelash-batting serves as evidence for the habit, disposition, or whatever.  (cf. Pitcher to batter: I'm walking you because you bat .500 against me.)   If there had been a time adverbial ("…last time/week", "before that fight", whatever), it would be undeniable.  Actually, from the context, I'm not even sure whether Romanov is citing her eyelashing-batting as the reason for Banner not coming, or as a non-reason for his coming, much less whether her batting was a prior event or an ongoing practice.

LH