1947 citing in Archie Comic of "butthole." What did it mean? (UNCLASSIFIED)

sclements at NEO.RR.COM sclements at NEO.RR.COM
Tue May 8 17:38:04 UTC 2012

Pretty important post here.

Montana gave these original art strips to Syracuse 1970.  Why he didn't give them all, who knows?

Montana died in 1975, and his family had all the remaining original art strips.  They sold them to a comic mogul, Steve Geppi, who sold many of them off.  Link to the story.

http://ohdannyboy.blogspot.com/2011/08/original-art-stories-steve-geppis.html

The family "perhaps" have  back the strips that weren't sold to collectors.  Many of the original art strips were sold through Heritage(Texas).   Since they are also the largest auction house for coins, which is my profession, I"ve looked in their archives and they did NOT sell the original art strip for 2 April 1947.  Of course, it could have been sold in another venue.

I'm of the opinion that contacting the family to see if they still have the original for that date might be the only way to find out if the newspaper copies were vandalized(which is my current leaning).

Sam Clements