1947 citing in Archie Comic of "butthole." What did it mean?

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Wed May 9 15:20:22 UTC 2012

The "butthole" strip also appears in the Janesville (Wis.) Daily Gazette,
Apr. 2, 1947, p. 12.

A search of NewspArch for "Archie" on the previous day, Apr. 1, 1947, finds
no other paper carrying the strip.

JL