OT: Obama and his principled stand on gay marriage

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Mon May 14 16:22:03 UTC 2012

How 'bout Rand Paul's claim that he'd always thought Obama's stand on gay
marriage "couldn't get any gayer"?

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/05/rand-paul-says-he-didnt-think-obamas-views-could-get-any-gayer/

Pundits raise the question of whether this remark was "insulting," and, if
so, why exactly.  I didn't stick around to hear any answers.

The audience laughter leads me to believe that they assumed he was playing
secondarily on the schoolyard sense of "gay" as 'idiotic,' but maybe that's
just me.

JL