just "going through the emotions"

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Tue May 15 02:52:51 UTC 2012

On May 14, 2012, at 10:00 PM, Victor Steinbok wrote:

> Barkley is a rather admirable wordsmith, and a lot of these odd
> expressions are actual comic coinages rather than random errors or blends.
>
> VS-)

That could certainly apply here; a lot of the first few pages of "going through the emotions" on google were certainly puns or intentional coinages rather than eggcorns, although I did notice that someone sent "going through the emotions" into eggcorn database forum with the interpretation that it was indeed an eggcorn, but who really knows.

LH