"the finger" in 1932 Hollywood epic (UNCLASSIFIED)

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Tue May 15 16:25:30 UTC 2012

My memory is different. Although a common gesture involves straightening
the arm to point, for this purpose, again, it depends on the umpire.
Some use an emphatic thumb-over-the-shoulder jerk. A lot of these
gestures seem to be trademarked by the umps (but not quite to the Naked
Gun degree). Other sports have more uniform gestures by the officials
and some are codified in the rules.

     VS-)