whuggle

Amy West medievalist at W-STS.COM
Wed May 16 11:56:25 UTC 2012

On 5/16/12 12:00 AM, Automatic digest processor wrote:
> Date:    Tue, 15 May 2012 13:52:41 -0400
> From:    Ben Zimmer<bgzimmer at BABEL.LING.UPENN.EDU>
> Subject: Re: whuggle
>
> On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 10:20 AM, Jonathan Lighter wrote:
>> >
>> >  How the H-word do you pronounce "pwned"?
> Usually as "poned," but there are lots of pronunciation variants. From
> 2007, see:
Since Ben (Hey, why wasn't there a Word column in the Boston Globe this
past weekend?) brings up the issue of variants, let me point out that
the pron. I gave is for HS teens in Worcester, MA.

(And, again, sorry for repeating what Ben already said: I sent off my
reply before getting this far in the digest.)

---Amy MacEvilly