new version of lather, rinse, repeat

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Thu May 17 03:15:58 UTC 2012

Interesting one on "House" this week; none of our earlier examples involve chemo regimens.  Thirteen (an earlier character on the show, a doctor who herself has a terminal disease, Huntington's) to Wilson (oncologist and recent recipient of terminal cancer diagnosis), encouraging him to undergo chemo to give himself a bit more time, quality of life considerations notwithstanding:

You'd be doing what, two weeks on, two weeks off? So maybe do your first round, see how it goes. Maybe not as horrible as you fear. Then do the second round, enjoy your two weeks off, and revisit the decision. Rinse, repeat.

If I have to undergo chemo again at some point, I'll try to remember to think of it as just a really powerful shampoo experience.

LH