words that don't exist in English

Sat May 19 00:00:51 UTC 2012

Hahaha. I enjoy reading them about once a year.

Among the words, pena ajena caught my attention. It's glossed as "The embarrassment you feel watching someone else’s humiliation."

I think the adjective I hear for this is "painful." I distinctly remember hearing someone say that with reference to the series The Office. I think that same person also used "pain."

Benjamin Barrett
Seattle, WA