words that don't exist in English

Sat May 19 07:27:23 UTC 2012

Hmmm. I found all of the Japanese examples to be excellent. That isn't to say that the parts of speech match, but the translations are really good. Arigata-meiwaku, honne and tatemae are three of my favorite Japanese words. I asked a native speaker about the Korean, and he agreed with it. The German "Schadenfreude" seems perhaps slightly narrower than the actual meaning, but still the translation seems basically accurate.

I cannot vouch for the Russian, though.

Benamin Barrett
Seattle, WA