double bind

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Tue May 22 03:30:58 UTC 2012

 From a comment on G+:

> Does anyone see what's the tactic is?

This has become typical in comments and I've heard it is speech even
longer. Does anyone care or is this such old news that I should just
ignore it?

These two are not problematic:

a. I don't see what's the issue with bringing him in on the job.
b. I don't see what the issue is with bringing him in on the job.

Perhaps a. is a bit colloquial. But we could get a blend.

c. I don't know what's the issue is with bringing him in on the job.

This always irks me even if it's not a major issue. On the peeve meter,
it's probably below your for you're or vice versa.

     VS-)