Ecologic Etymology

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Thu May 24 19:02:56 UTC 2012

At 5/24/2012 12:50 PM, W Brewer wrote:
>Working towards a greener yesterday.
>Joel S. Berson wrote: RE: Ecologic Etymology <<< I propose an organization
>to be called "Ecologic Etymology" -- whose charter is to remove polluting
>words from the lexical atmosphere.>>>
>WB: What it is, is ... ecologic etymology sounds more like re-writing
>word-history, so that it is greener. (Written from the perspective of an
>Irish monk?)

Well, we'll have to work on the charter.  There are a few senses of
"etymology" broader than "determining the origin of words".  And I my
target is parallel to that of "Ecologic Entomology LLC", which is a
pest removal company.  http://ecologicentomology.com/
There is also a "Green Planet Pest Control", also in Massachusetts,
offering "ecologically responsible pest management
solutions".  http://www.greenplanetpest.com/, where one can read
about the "Insect of the Week".  (This week, bed bugs.  Perhaps we
can induce them to feature book worms.)

Joel