Mandela quote: If you talk to a man in a language he understands ….

Sun May 27 00:29:48 UTC 2012

Thanks to Benjamin for an interesting question. The Peace Corps book
is available in full view at HathiTrust. Here is some metadata from
Hathitrust. Also, here is an excerpt and some links into HathiTrust.
The date on the cover is "April 1996".

At home in the world : the Peace Corps story.
Published: [Washington, D.C.? : Peace Corps, 1996]
Subjects: Peace Corps (U.S.) > Case studies.
Physical Description:   vii, 161 p. ; 18 cm.
Original Format: Book

Page: vi

[Begin excerpt]
Nelson Mandela explained why he learned Afrikaans, the language of his
prison guards in South Africa: "If you talk to a man in a language he
understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his own
language, that goes to his heart."
[End excerpt]

Link to book in HathiTrust:
http://hdl.handle.net/2027/umn.31951d012241914