on voice

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Sun May 27 10:41:35 UTC 2012

Seems highly doubtful. It seems more likely to be related to the view of
voice as a musical instrument.

I should add the context that I just heard it in last night (although
I've heard it before without giving it much attention).

WGBH had a broadcast of a recording of a jazz program that consisted of
compositions written on Garcia Lorka's New York poems. This is about as
far removed from The Voice as possible.

I believe this is the program: http://goo.gl/lnGiW (recorded live, but
two months ago) In fact, if you click on the audio recording--not the
video--a few seconds in you will hear it.

"Please welcome on the piano... On voice tonight ..."

     VS-)