Quote: I am a great believer in luck. The harder I work, the more of it I seem to have (Coleman Cox 1922)

Mon May 28 21:24:54 UTC 2012

Laurence J. Peter's influential 1977 book of quotations was probably
an important locus for the misattribution of the saying to Jefferson.

Cite: 1977, "Peter's Quotations: Ideas for Our Time" by Laurence J.
Peter, Page 505, William Morrow and Company, New York. (Verified on
paper)

[Begin excerpt]
I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I
have of it.      —Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)
[End excerpt]

Garson