"one-to-six"

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Fri Nov 2 13:46:33 UTC 2012

In Yahoo news, "EPA finds Hyundai, Kia overstated gas mileage":

>DETROIT (AP) ­ Hyundai and Kia overstated the
>gas mileage on most of their models from the
>past three years in an embarrassing blunder that
>could bring sanctions from the U.S. government
>and millions of dollars in payments to car owners.
>
>Because of the inflated mileage, discovered
>during an audit by the Environmental Protection
>Agency, the Korean automakers must retrofit the
>window stickers on the cars, reducing their fuel
>economy figures by one-to-six miles per gallon
>depending on the model, the agency said Friday.

Is this half way in the standard progression of
compounds, from "one to six" --> "one-to-six" -->
"onetosix"?  The potential is infinite.

The slippery slope is resisted later in to article:

>As a result, the two automakers will have to
>knock one or two miles per gallon off the
>mileage posted on most of the models' window stickers.

Not "one-or-two", thankfully.

>"We're just extremely sorry about these errors,"
>said John Krafcik, Hyundai's CEO of American
>operations. "We're driven to make this right."

Just less fuel-efficiently than claimed, if he's being driven in a Hyundai.

Joel