bulldozer = 'bucket loader'

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sat Nov 3 02:31:45 UTC 2012

On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 10:00 PM, Jonathan Lighter
<wuxxmupp2000 at gmail.com> wrote:
> a real bulldozer (though I think I'd have recognized the latter).
>
> But I'm pretty sure it was that yellowish color.

Yes. And

"Killdozer!", a science fiction/horror novella by Theodore Sturgeon,
originally published in Astounding Science Fiction in the November,
1944, issue,

made "Daisy Etta," a Caterpillar D-7 - _Diez y siete_ in Spanish -
bulldozer that came to life, unforgettable.

The yellow color has been typical since at least the '30's.

--
-Wilson
-----