"Executive Produced by"

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Sat Nov 3 17:30:38 UTC 2012

What's new or strange here?  Programs on TV often
have a half-dozen or more Producers, with various
adjectives, including Executive, added.  Is it
the verbing rather than the adjective?  If the
title "executive producer" is permitted by AMPAS,
and the verbal form "produced" is permitted, why
wouldn't "executive produced" also be permitted?

Joel