"Don=?windows-1252?Q?=92t_?=let the door hit you in the butt on the way out"

Sun Nov 4 20:57:29 UTC 2012

On Nov 4, 2012, at 11:31 AM, Wilson Gray <hwgray at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 10:25 AM,  <sclements at neo.rr.com> wrote:
>> When the screen door closes, therefore, you would be in danger of being hit in the butt only if you were > walking into the building, not leaving.
>
> Whoa! Nobody ever explained it to me that way, before. Well, you got
> me there. That a folk-saying doesn't correspond to observed reality is
> passing strange, I admit. :-)

We don't often have screen doors here, but my recollection from the movies is that when the screen door is on the inside of the regular door, it would work.

On Nov 4, 2012, at 11:32 AM, Margaret Lee <mlee303 at YAHOO.COM> wrote:

> I learned it (in the spirit of the black oral tradition) growing up as, "Let the door knob hit you where the good Lord split you," after asking someone to get out of your house.

> Margaret Lee

Now this is a version I can understand!

And if the issue is slamming the door as the person walks out the door, then screen doors don't matter.

Benjamin Barrett
Seattle, WA